Friday, February 22, 2008

The Rumors Of My Death...

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today."

-Will Rogers

Yep, I am alive, however I am a little late. LOL. I was supposed to be back to my regular blogging schedule yesterday, but life had other plans for me. Hmmm... where to begin, where to begin...

The Hardness of Software...

I know... I will begin at the beginning. Last week I decided to take a week off from blogginess to do some much needed maintenance to me, my computer and my real life. I installed, uninstalled and reinstalled various forms of software on the computer, which included to two games, "Sims; Seasons," and, "Two Worlds," and a nifty new version of the Norton Anti-virus. Sounds easy... right? Yeah right. LOL. I don't know what it is, but with each new version of Norton, comes some small element that messes with my brain, and otherwise makes me crazy. I still haven't quite got the latest problem resolved, but things are working fine, and the minor annoyance with the program is just that, a minor annoyance.

Detoxing With Pie...

Over last weekend, I made a pie. I made a Sugar-free Strawberry/Peach Pie. It came out perfect. I will do an entry in a few days to share the recipe, try it. If you have diabetes, you might enjoy this pie a lot. If you don't have diabetes, you might enjoy doing something a little more healthy for yourself. It's good to detox once in a while, from the high fat, high calorie lifestyle. :)

Hold Still And Make Big Fist...

Monday, I called my doctor and asked if I could do my blood work a week before my appointment next Monday, so we could talk about my test results at my appointment, instead of an email. So, on Wednesday, I went out to the hospital to have my 4 month A1C, Glucose Fasting, and Creatinine check. See photo of the blood test above! LOL. I was a little nervous about the test the night before, and made the mistake of saying I was nervous to my pal H.P. LOL. At that point, he challenged me to take a photo of the test, and send it to him. Knowing I am never one to pass a photo challenge, I accepted, and there you see the result. A fuzzy picture, taken by a slightly nervous, slightly fuzzy girl, who was starving from the previous night's 12-hour fast. :)

It only hurt for a little second, then I was fine, and on my way home for a sandwich, a cup of Campbell's Tomato Soup, and a piece of Fat-Free Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake... homemade. :) God I love to cook! Everything was going fine, yummy lunch, but toward the afternoon I began to get really tired. So I took a nap, and when I woke up, my arm was stiff and sore. The lab tech had to move the needle in my arm a little bit to find the vein, and so a little bit of gentle twisting occurred, so I am wondering if, while searching for the vein, something got hit, like a nerve or something. Anyway, I was sore yesterday, and to be honest, I needed an extra day from the computer to just veg a little. I have my results back, but I am saving those for another day, and another entry. I want to talk to the doctor face to face before I share with you here. :)

Of Rain And Cats...

It has rained all week. Large thunder-boomers here and there. I have a depressed kitty on my hands. Elvis misses his big yard so much. He loves the creatures that come in an out of the yard. They are his friends. So, he and I have been doing a lot together, to keep each other's spirits up. I bought some kitty shampoo, and I gave him a wet bath the other day, and then followed it up with the dry shampoo later in the day. I put his new tie on, that he got this past Christmas, and his red tank top, and let me tell you... he is one fine looking little cat. :) Another entry, for another day. Elvis Will also be seeing his doctor next Monday. Sigh. As will Alan. Yep, he has an appointment also. Jeepers, I just wish we could all see the same one! Tee Hee.

So, stay tuned to find out about all the things I touched on today, and of course I have some opinions about the upcoming Texas and Ohio primaries and the current state of the budget in California... and... and... well, just stay tuned!

Okay, that pretty much winds things up. There are other assorted details to share, and I will in all good time. For now though, here is a reminder about the next Round Robin Challenge. The subject is "Shoes" and it will be played tomorrow, Saturday the 23rd. There is still time to sign-up. Hope to see you there!

-OndineMonet
"Ouch"
February, 2008
Union City, California

No comments: