Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you are sure they won't laugh if you trip."

-Jonathan Carroll, "Outside The Dog Museum."

I am making a very special dinner tonight, well actually, Alan and I are going to make the dinner together. He enjoys cooking as much as I do, and we have a ton of fun trying new recipes. He is much better in math then I am, and often times I rely on him to help me with cutting down measurements and the preparation, especially if my hands have been giving me difficulties. Today, however, it will just be about the fun! Here is what we are making for dinner...

Appetizer: Chilled Pear Soup

Dinner: Chicken Cordon Bleu / Green Salad w/ Raspberry Vinegrette/ Baked Sweet Potatoes w/ Cinnamon Pecan sauce

Dessert: Chocolate/Strawberry Cupcakes :) Pillsbury Reduced Sugar Cake Mix

And it's all guilt free! :)

Note: Busy, Busy, Busy... I am taking a few days off, see ya one week from today! Thursday, February 21st. :)

-OndineMonet
"Happy Valentine's Day"
Thursday, February 13, 2008
Morning

2 comments:

Cindy said...

i trust you and alan had a wonderful valentine's day. how great that he loves to cook with you! you are so lucky...

hope you've enjoyed your time off, i am really looking forward to seeing what you've been up to. hugs to elvis! xo phin

Suzanne R said...

Hey, girl, I am missing you!

Your Valentine's Day feast sounds wonderful! I'd like the recipe for the sauce you put on the sweet potato, if you wouldn't mind sharing it.

Hope we hear from you soon -- for sure for RRPC on Saturday!

Hugs!