Saturday, December 01, 2007

Round Robin Challenge: Sparkle

"I dare you, who think life is humdrum, to become involved. I dare you who are weak to become strong; you who are dull to be sparkling; you who are slaves to be kings."

-William Danforth

Vicki, who authors the blog, "Maraca" submitted this challenge topic months ago, almost 6 months ago to be exact, and as soon as I saw it, I thought of this time of year, when everything seems to be sparkling. The frost on my plants in the early morning, the ornaments on the Christmas tree, even the fun little bubbles in a glass of apple cider, all bring a special sparkling light to things, but as the summer and the autumn moved on, I also saw some sparkle in some places I might have overlooked...

The sparkle of a jellyfish...


The sparkle on the wings of a honey bee...

The sparkle of a lovely Christmas tree ornament...

The sparkle of the car lights moving across the Golden Gate Bridge...

The sparkle of a beautiful fireworks display...

This was a fun, and beautiful challenge. Thank you Vicki, for the great idea! Be sure to pay a visit to Vicki's blog, and also to all the Robins who participated in this challenge, to see their interpretations of the challenge. Simply follow the links below. If you would like to join us, there is still time. Just visit the official Round Robin blog, and follow the directions. If you can't join us this time, then maybe we will see you for the next round in a couple weeks. Be sure to visit the Round Robin blog this Sunday, to find out the topic of our next challenge. :)


Linking List

1. Vicki... Maraca
POSTED!

2. Carly... Ellipsis
POSTED!

3. Karen... Outpost Mavarin
POSTED!

4. Steven... (sometimes) photoblog
POSTED!

5. Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
POSTED!

6. Julie... Julie's Web Journal
POSTED!

7. Teena... It's all about me!
POSTED!


-OndineMonet
"Sparks"
Berkeley, California
November 30, 2007
Evening

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Shiny! I mean, sparkly!

I especially like the jellyfish. Wow!

MariesImages said...

I wish I participated in this challenge, looks like a fun one...Ü
Love all your sparkles..Ü

Teena in Toronto said...

Nice sparkly collection!

Mine's up :)

Cindy said...

i haven't had time to look for any archived 'sparkly' photos *thank you for the kind invitation* but maybe i will later.

or maybe you've put enough lovelies here to make up for the lack of 'phinney sparkle'. haha. so thanks :)

HUGS!!!!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I love the bee shot. And the ornament. And the jellyfish. And....

Suzanne R said...

I kind of wish I had played, but have had too much crazy stuff going on. Love your sparkly pics!

Steven said...

Nice sparkle set! Love the jellyfish, very intense. I'd thought about the shimmer on a bees wings. You did a great job of capturing that!

Gattina said...

You showed us beautiful sparkling things !

MyMaracas said...

Beautiful! I especially love the jellyfish and the fireworks. Nice shot of the bee, too!

Vicki