Saturday, December 29, 2007

Round Robin Challenge: Going, Going, Gone

"Don't count every hour in the day, make every hour in the day count."

-Unknown

Going Going Gone. Where has 2007 gone? LOL. When this year began, I couldn't wait for it to be over with. I was sad, and not feeling very creative, but eventually I found my way again, despite little sorrows along the way, like finding out that both Elvis and I have diabetes. Sigh. I should have known better then to try and fight the plans life makes for us without our permission, that's just what life does. I moves us ahead whether we want to go or not. All in all, when I think about 2007 on the whole, it hasn't been so bad. In fact, I think I have made my peace with the year, and I am ready, and looking forward to 2008. There are some good things coming I think... if nothing else, there is a national election to look forward to. Just that alone makes me smile. Tee Hee. Bye Bye Bush!

As a way to illustrate my year, and how it moved along through my time and creativity, I have created a round up of what I saw. Time flies whether we are having fun or not, so it's best to grab every moment of it, and save it if possible, to remind us that nothing last forever, so take nothing for granted. :) Thank you, Nancy, for submitting the awesome challenge!


January... A Little Bit Of Autumn In Winter!

February... The Queen Mary 2 As It Passed Under The Golden Gate

March... Pink Blooms In Golden Gate Park

April... Snowy Egret Wading in The Monterey Bay

May... A Dramatic Rose

June... The Beach In Pacifica

July... Mist And Painted Lady Butterflies In Half Moon Bay

August... My Favorite Rose... Love's Promise

September... The Sunset Reflects The Smoke In The Air After The California Wildfires

October... A Quiet Day Where The Ghost Of The "Blue Lady" Haunts

November... A Snowy Egret Wades Near Some Oil In The San Francisco Bay, Near Emeryville, California

December... Autumn Again Inspires Me...Even In Winter

Be sure to check out all the entries by the Round Robins. Just follow the links below. You can play along too. Just drop by the official Round Robin blog and leave us your complete information. If you can't join us this time, maybe you can sometime in the future. We will announce our next challenge this Sunday!

Linking List

Nancy... Nancy Luvs Pix
POSTED!

Steven... (sometimes) photoblog
POSTED!

Carly... Ellipsis
POSTED!

Lisa... Lisa's Chaos
POSTED!

Karen... Outpost Mavarin
POSTED!

Sandra... Strong Chemistry
POSTED!

Kim... Nekked Lizard's Adventures
POSTED!

Julie... Julie's Web Journal
POSTED!

Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
POSTED!

Janet... Fond Of Photography
POSTED!

Chrissea... Chris-seas Corner
POSTED!

Suzanne... Living... Suzanne R's Life
POSTED!

-OndineMonet
"The Watched Clock"
Lafayette, California
December 28, 2007
Late Afternoon

13 comments:

fdtate said...

Thanks for collection of photos. All of them are excellent.

Sandra said...

Lovely clock, and I love the year in photos. Where DID 2007 go? The pics are a colorful reminder! Happy "shooting" in 2008!

Janet said...

What a fantastic idea for the theme! My favorite was a toss up between January (muted pastels) and December (flames!).

Suzanne R said...

Your pictures are always such a joy to view! It sounds like you've come to terms with the year that has almost gone, too. There's a lot to look forward to in the next year, not the least of which is -- as you say -- a new President. Thanks again for encouraging me to participate once more. I appreciate you tremendously!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

This is an excellent approach to the topic, and one I didn't even think of: the whole darn year! I'm glad you've made your peace with 2007, and as usual I love your roundup of outstanding photos. Happy New Year, Carly! (I'm still having trouble realizing the year is almost over!)

Liz said...

You're pictures never cease to astound me! Love each & every one of them. When I grow up, I wanna take pictures just like you!

Smooches,
~~Aunt Nub~~

Unknown said...

Wow! I don't even know where to start! What a year you had. Looks like you had opportunities around you every month.

The only thing I missed was the snow. I love snow, how sad to have none. :(

MyMaracas said...

Lovely photos, as always, and an original approach to the subject. I hope 2008 brings you health and joy.

Vicki

Gattina said...

What a really wonderful interpretation of the theme ! I hadn't seen the picture of the boat under the bridge in San Fransisco looks quite impressive.
I wish you a happy 2008 !

Nancy said...

Wonderful entry all around! Your pics are fantabulous!

Thanks for the playing.
; )

Nancy

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2007/12/28/going-going-gone/2118

Steven said...

The snowy egret and the painted lady are my favorites. Nice shots! Was a good year with your camera. Happy 2008!

barrettmanor said...

I like the light playing across the clock face. Happy 2008!

Anonymous said...

Dear Carly,
the egrets are my favorites but all of the photos you posted are lovely!
hugs,nat