Sunday, September 23, 2007

Summer Mosaic

"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it."

-Russel Baker

It's the last few hours of summer, and so I thought it might be nice to take a look back at what I saw with the camera. This summer was quite a painting of mixed blessings for me, both in regards to what I photographed, and the events in my life. Like any other season, it brought me a kaleidoscope of colors which went together to match my moods. It's funny how the events in your life, tend to shape your creativity, or at least play to it. I went through a rough moment or two, right after the first of the year, and during that time I wasn't feeling terribly inspired with my photography, and I think it probably showed. But little by little as the year progressed, I began to move on, and I think I am just about back to feeling normal again. I owe a lot to this past summer, in terms of breaking me out of what ever spell I had been under. The season was mild in terms of temperature, so it was lovely, and gentle, and it kind of took me in. I love the seasons, each of them brings me such happiness in their own way, especially when I am out with my camera, and there is some good light for discovery and healing. :)

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time."

-John Lubbock


"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language."

-Henry James

-OndineMonet
Summer Retrospective
Bay Area
Summer, 2007

3 comments:

fdtate said...

Very excellent summer photos, Carly!!!

Peace said...

I like the roses! Nice shots!

MyMaracas said...

Beautiful, as always. I love the contrast of the yellow roses on the red wall, but the hummingbird is my fave.

Vicki