Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sometimes They Do Come Back :)

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say."

-Anais Nin

Recently, I got a nice surprise in my email box. It was an email from my pal Duane. It had been over a year since he took some time off from the Internet, and while one of the last things he told me was that he would be back when he could, it just seemed more like forever had gone by, rather then just a year. I had missed his friendship, and his sense of humor. I missed all the feedback he gave me about my photography, and the encouragement he gave me to say what was on my mind, by writing on my blog. He is a good friend, and he is an amazing writer. I first discovered his writing, when we were both blogging on AOL. At that time he had the journal, "Progressive Musings." It was one of best political blogs I have read, in the four years I have been blogging. At times funny, at times dead serious, he touched on the topics that were timely, with a strong blend of straight facts, and relevant opinion. I missed his writing very much.

But now he is back, and he is blogging at, "Life the Universe and Everything," where he still shares his signature astute political observations, but also his love of music, history, trivia, sports, family life, and photography. His current blog is a nice blend of all those subjects, that he takes on so well. I am never bored there, in fact, I always come away feeling just a little smarter. LOL. I hope you will drop by and welcome him back, or if you haven't had the opportunity to know him through one of his older blogs, or when he was a team member of The Blue Voice, maybe you will spend a little time this weekend, reading his new blog and getting to know him. I promise you will be glad you did. Welcome back Duane, I hope you will be with us for a long, long time. :)

Always, Carly

"Hovden Cannery"
Monterey, California
September 6th, 2007
Late Afternoon

3 comments:

marigolds2 said...

You and me both, baby. I missed him so badly, and am so glad he's back online. BTW, he's STILL a member of The Blue Voice, he's always remained on our masthead, and he's let us know he's back and in the game. Although there's only been one post from him so far. I have high hopes.

Robbie said...

Thanks for the heads up!

fdtate said...

I am still a Blue Voicer. Sorry for the misunderstanding, Carly.

Yes, sadly there has been only the one post. I severely burned my hand in a workplace accident last week and it has left me with just one hand to do all my typing. The bandage is off now and the hand is healing nicely.
Another thing that limits my output at the Blue Voice is that someone always beats me to the punch. I find a good topic and get over there to find that someone else has already written up a good entry about it.