Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Nice Matters Award

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that new world is born."

-Anais Nin



I woke up to quite a surprise last Sunday, which came from my friend Suzanne. She gave me a Nice Matters Award. It was such an honor to be thought of, it really touched my heart. Sometimes, as I sit here and write in my little blog, I wonder if what I have to say is relevant. I wonder if I touch on the right variety of topics, and sometimes I wonder if my photos are interesting enough to share. At times they feel so common to me. Suzanne made me feel really good about being a blogger, and really thankful to be her friend. :)

I came across her blog, New Suzanne R's Life, by chance one day, about a year-and-a-half ago, and from the first words I read, I knew I had found someone special. I left her a comment, and from there a friendship was born. It sounds easy, but sometimes I feel quite shy about saying hello. Suzanne said hello back, and then just let me be me. :) She is a marvelous blogger, and a talented lady with the camera, if you have ever seen her photos you will know this to be true. But above all else, she is courage personified. I admire her strength, and I count on her kindness. Thank you Suzanne, for seeing something special in me, to give me that cool little award.

Now, I would like to pass on the good karma to some fabulous lady bloggers, who touch me with their talent, wit and strength. All these ladies have been in the land for quite a while, so you might already know about their blogs, but even if you read them often, take just a moment to recognize how wonderfully inspiring each of them are just by being themselves, and by sharing their experiences with all of us through their blogs...

Vicki - Maraca

Natalie - Interface

Nancy - Nancy Luvs Pix

Laura - Adventures In Juggling

Jessica - QuickSilver Dreams

Karen - Outpost Mavarin

Ladies, I am passing this award on to you. :)Please take a moment and visit each blog. You will be glad you did. You ladies ROCK!

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen."

-Unknown

-OndineMonet
"Happy Flowers"
Rose Garden
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
August 8, 2007
Afternoon

3 comments:

MyMaracas said...

::blushing:: Wow, Carly, I'm honored! Thank you so much for thinking of me. I can't tell you how happy I am to have met you, m'dear.

:-)
Hugs,
Vicki

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Thanks, Carly! You're one in a million!

Suzanne R said...

Hi, Carly --

I don't know if you've had a chance to go over to my blog lately, but I thanked you there yesterday for writing this about me, since Blogger wouldn't let me post a comment here then. I wanted to thank you for your sweet words in this post -- I am truly honored -- and to have posted my thank you on my blog didn't feel like quite enough. Thus, I am trying again to comment here. You are such a dear person and I am so happy we met online!

Hugs!

Suzanne