Sunday, August 12, 2007

Love's Promise

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."

-Anais Nin

Here is a love letter I came across the other day, written from Count Leo Tolstoy, to his fiance, Valeria Arsenev. I think it goes very well with this romantic rose, I found in the Rose Garden in Golden Gate Park. Isn't it unusual? The rose has a soft raspberry scent, and just looking at it had me daydreaming. Sigh. :)

Enjoy...

November 2, 1856

I already love in you your beauty, but I am only beginning to love in you that which is eternal and ever precious - your heart, your soul. Beauty one could get to know and fall in love with in one hour, and cease to love it as speedily; but the soul one must learn to know. Believe me, nothing on earth is given without labour, even love, the beautiful and natural of feelings.

-Count Leo Tolstoy

"How many of our daydreams would darken into nightmares, were there a danger of their coming true."

-Pearsall Smith

-OndineMonet
Love's Promise Hybrid Tea Rose
Rose Garden
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
August 8, 2007
Afternoon

2 comments:

kmm said...

Beautiful rose Carly and so is the poem. They do go well together. Cheers Kerrin

Tammie Jean said...

I agree - what a romantic looking rose! And the love letter is such a beautiful little masterpiece.