Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Round Robin Challenge: "Friendship"

"Friendship isn't a big thing, it's a lot of little things."

-Unknown

Our Round Robin topic for this edition comes to us by way of Teena, author of the blog, "It's all about me!" She has chosen, "Friendship," as our topic. For as long as I can remember, Alan has been my friend. Well, actually, we became friends in the early 1980's, but we have known each other since 1977. We met on Memorial day of that year, and it wasn't exactly love at first sight, or even friendship at first sight, but with some maturity came compromise, and respect, friendship, and then love. A natural progression I suppose. :) He has always understood me, when most people didn't or couldn't. He is a man of enormous patience and kindness, and for some strange reason, he thinks I am nifty. Strange man. LOL.

I was just telling him earlier this evening, that he could have done much better than me in the wife lottery. He just smiles, and reminds me he how much he likes, as well as, loves me... faults and all. Marriages have to have more than love and lust, they have to have friendship as well. We do. Look at Alan helping me fly a kite! He laughed at my choice, a cow, I think he will be picking out a different one next time. LOL. He knew it would be good for me to get out of the house last week, and have a little fun. He and I laughed and laughed that day, at that silly cow. He knows my Fibromyalgia has been difficult and painful recently, and he knows just how to encourage me. We are friends now, because we were friends first. :)

I have other friends, my Internet friends, my pal H.P., and some friends who have moved to the east coast, but with whom I am still close. Those friendships have passed the test of time and distance. While H.P. and I don't speak as often as we like, I know he will be there on Christmas Eve... and we will gab the night away as I wrap those final packages, and wait for Santa Claus. Alan has to work almost every Christmas Day, so he is happy that H.P. and I can touch base and keep each other company. I don't have many friends, I have cut myself off a good bit, but the friendships I do have are strong ones. Thanks H.P.!


The Round Robin Photo Challenges are open to everyone, if you have a blog or website to post your original photo to, you are invited to play. You can find out all the rules and information by paying a visit to the official Round Robin blog. Be sure to pay a visit to the other participating Robins, by following the links below. Thank you Teena... this was an awesome challenge!

-OndineMonet


Linking List

Teena... It's all about me!

POSTED!

Carly... Ellipsis... Suddenly Carly
POSTED!

Marie... Photographs And Memories Too (AOL)
POSTED!

Karen... Outpost Mavarin
POSTED!

Nancy... Nancy Luvs Pix
POSTED!

Kerrin... A New Day
POSTED!

Cosette... Pandora's Bazaar
POSTED!

Suzanne... New Suzanne R's Life
POSTED!

Renee... Ode to the Muse
POSTED!

Gina... Gina's Space
POSTED!

Renee... Ode to the Muse
POSTED!

Tammie Jean... Long Drives To Nowhere
POSTED!

Steven... (sometimes) photoblog
POSTED!

Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
POSTED!







13 comments:

Gattina said...

Very true ! Friendship in a marriage is very important especially when you are married for 38 years as I am ! Very nice tribute to your "man"

Anonymous said...

Those are great photos and I love what you wrote.

DesLily said...

great post carly.. don't forget Elvis in that friendship!

Tammie Jean said...

I love the cow kite!!! Great photos, and a wonderful tribute to Alan and HP.

Suzanne R said...

I was hoping you would write about Alan -- I am in awe of your relationship and love hearing about it! I also love the cow kite -- did you know that my grandsons Michael and Alex call me "Cow Grandma"? LOL! It's because I used to have cows across the road. :-)

Teena in Toronto said...

That was soooo sweet! He's defintely a keeper :)

Thanks for stopping by mine :)

And thank you for the honour of picking the topic! Friends are so important. You can never have too many.

Nancy said...

Great shots, Carly...I understand where you're coming from as I no longer have as many friends as I used to.

But I'm glad you've become one of them!

Hugs,
Nancy

Steven said...

I recognize that head! Cool post and I'm so glad I got to see that kite. Wild that, very wild.

Anonymous said...

Very nice and cool pictures.

MariesImages said...

These colorful photos are fun & fabulous! LOOOOOVE the kite! (very cool)
lovely post on friendship, very touching paragraph on your friendship/marriage. I had that once, or should I say, I thought I had that once....Ü Relationships like this are very rare. You are lucky to have each other~
Marie

kmm said...

Lovely tribute to your dear husband. Cheers Kerrin

Anonymous said...

a wonderful tribute to friend/hubby. perfect entry! :)

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Okay, so I'm two weeks late on a RR comment! (I did that to Julie, too, by the way - a month behind there, too!) I love the cow kite - so whimsical! And a lovely tribute to Alan. 1977 was a good year for meeting people - I met John 30 years ago come July.