Saturday, April 14, 2007

Steven's Feline Friday: It's Just A Spider Mommy :)

"In nine lifetimes, you'll never know as much about your cats, as your cat knows about you."

-Michel de Montaigne

I was hoping to one day get a photo of Elvis just before he kisses me, he does this funny little pucker thing, that always makes me laugh. Tee Hee. Elvis has been taking such good care of me this week, and at one point, he saved me from a spider!

Last Wednesday morning, I decided to go to bed a little early, around 3:30 am, I was feeling a little under the weather, running a slight fever, so I thought I might climb in bed and cuddle up to Alan and Elvis, to get warm. When I pulled back my sheets and blankets, I saw a big, yucky spider go running off my pillow and down between my sheet and blanket. I screamed! LOUD! Poor Alan jumped from the bed with a slightly panicked, "WHAT?" "Sppppiiiiiiidder," I said, slightly frightened. LOL. "Where is it?" Asked Alan, but before I could tell him, Elvis sprang up in the air and pounced down flat on top of his stuffed monkey, Cap-n-Federick. Alan gently peeked under Elvis's chin, to see a slightly slightly hairy, slightly slick, black spider moving just a few of his many legs. Alan made a face, and then reached in with a tissue and removed the spider from under my hero kitty.

Blech. It gave me the wiggins like you wouldn't believe. I turned on the lights, pulled back all the covers, and began to look for the rest of the gang. LOL. After about 20 minutes of searching, Alan finally talked me into going back to bed, safe in the knowledge that I would be ok, at least from an invasion of a spider gang out to get me. A little later, Alan left for work, but not before tucking me in, with some cold medicine, some Kleenex, and several stuffed bears, and monkeys. He then gave Elvis his usual daily instruction to "mind his manners, and take care of his mommy." I felt better, but I sill had the wiggins a good bit.

I tossed and turned for about 30 minutes or so. I turned on the bathroom light, and climbed back into bed. I closed my eyes, and was trying to think nice thoughts, when I felt Elvis stand up in the bed, I opened my eyes to see him standing over my face. He was smiling down at me, and then his ran his paw down my cheek. He petted me, gave me a little kiss on my forehead, and then he snuggled down in the covers, put his head on Alan's pillow, and closed his eyes. I knew right then, I was the safest woman in the world. My kitty loves me. :)

It's fun to play along with Steven's Feline Friday. Lots of great people and kitties to be found on the net. Drop over to Steven's blog, (sometimes photoblog) to learn all the details, and meet his beautiful cat, Pickle.

-OndineMonet
"Pucker"
Berkeley, California
April 11, 2007

2 comments:

Suzanne R said...

Aw, Elvis is such a sweetie! A good protector from spiders and you get kisses from him, too! My cats don't kiss me but they think spiders are fun to go after. I didn't play Feline Friday although I probably could have with the pictures of my kitties in and on my suitcase, but it just slipped my mind. One of these Fridays I'll be back to it!

Anonymous said...

Nice to have a cat protect you from the evil spiders!