"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer; not to love is to suffer; to suffer it to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy, then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be happy, one must love or love to suffer from too much happiness."
Sigh. I am having tummy troubles. When I went to bed, early Saturday morning, I had some rumbles in my stomach. Then it kind of hurt, and funny, spontaneous noises flew forth from my... well... backside. Thank goodness Alan had already left for work, or he would probably be filing for divorce, because it was a little unpleasant to say the least. I can live with my own noises and perfuminess, but I would never expect anyone else to. LOL. That husband of mine must really kinda like me, lol, he has had to put up with a lot over the years, not the least of which have been my bodily noises. Anyway, I haven't been feeling too wonderful today, in fact a couple times it was all downright painful,I guess it is part two of the cold I had earlier this week. So, instead of trying to write with my usual wit and intelligence... tee hee... I thought I would share some deep, thought provoking quotes from people smarter than I am...
1. Americans will put up with anything, provided it doesn't block traffic.
2. USA Today has come out with a new survey: Apparently three out of four people make up 75% of the population.
3. I never know whether to pity or congratulate a man on coming to his senses.
-William M. Thackeray
4. Sir, you are like a pin, but without either it's head or it's point.
5. Once you accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy.
- Albert Einstein
6. There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
7. You couldn't get a clue during a clue mating season, in a field full of horny clues, if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
8. If you can't convince them, confuse them.
-Harry S. Truman
9. If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
- George Carlin
"How do geese know when to fly to the sun? Who tells them, the seasons? How do we humans know when it is time to move on? As with the migrant birds, so surely with us there is a voice within if only we would listen to it, that tells us certainly when to go forth into the unknown."
I guess I am feeling better, for some reason I am really hungry for Pork and Gravy Chow Mein. That's a good sign... right? :)
Pacific Grove, California
April 12th, 2007
My 2017 Reading List
1 year ago