Friday, March 23, 2007

At Every Turn

"I will need your support, and I will work to earn it. I will do all I can do to deserve your trust."

-George W. Bush

Earn our trust?

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama Bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."

-George W. Bush, 9/13/2001

"So, I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... to be honest with you."

-George W. Bush, 3/13/2002

"Uhh gosh, I don't think I ever said I am not worried about Osama Bin Laden. It's kind of one of those... uhhh, exaggerations."

-George W. Bush 10/ 13/ 2004


It doesn't surprise me that the Bush administration is fighting tooth and nail to avoid giving sworn testimony before the senate, regarding the ousting of 8 federal prosecutors. Bush and company are liars. We all know that... right? I think we will be seeing even more examples of their corruption of office come to light, before he finally does us all a favor and slithers back to Texas. In the mean time, the administration is lying, and they are using the office they were elected to, to hide their long list of misdeeds. Ok, what I said was strongly put, but if there is no smoking gun, if they really did nothing wrong, why run and hide from testifying? And doesn't it make a lot more sense now, as to why George W. Bush tried so very hard to get Harriet Miers confirmed to the Supreme Court? A nominee, so lacking in experience in constitutional law, that it left even some members of the republican party shaking their heads. Ok, now it all makes sense. Executive privilege does have it's privileges... doesn't it?

So you want to earn my trust George? Turn Miers and Rove over to the senate for sworn testimony. Find Osama Bin Laden, not just his flunkies. Keep your promise to rebuild New Orleans. Bring our military home... NOW. Stop messing around with the constitution, and oh yeah... STOP LYING!

Ok, your turn. Opinions please. Do you think the White House has something to hide in regards to the firing of the federal prosecutors?

-OndineMonet

1 comment:

sunflowerkat said...

Something to hide? I'd be shocked if that weren't the case.