Thursday, January 12, 2006

Great Finds In Blogging

"He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder."

-M. C. Escher

It's a new year, and a new chance to share with you some great finds I have been coming across the blogsphere. Some are entries by old friends,that have inspired or touched me some way but one is a new friend I found by simply allowing myself to explore the new neighborhood of Blogspot. Thanks everyone, for having so much patience with me. And now on to the amazing talent around me...

Old Friends...

I was thrilled to find out that Duane, author of the AOL Journal, sotto voce, and contributing writer for The Blue Voice , has returned to blogging after taking a leave of absence from the land this past summer. Duane has recently updated his journal and written an excellent entry, this past week, for The Blue Voice, which can be found here. You should go by and give it a look see. Duane is one of the best political writers I have come across in Journal Land and the great work continues. Good to have you back Duane.

Another excellent entry I came across this past week comes by way of Patrick, author of, Patrick's Place. Every once in a blue moon Patrick and I will see eye to eye...well actually, it's a lot more often then that...LOL...but when that happens it's kinda fun to say, "Good for you! Point well made." In this particular entry Patrick discusses the folly of judging a book by it's cover. And a lot of other good points as well. Thanks Patrick for a thought provoking entry. Good for you! :) Check out the entry here.

Phinney...

The other morning I decided to drop by Phinney's journal, Paragon, to have a look at what she has been up to recently with her photography. I was stunned. Phinney has a talent with the camera that is amazing. Each of her photos displays such a deep well of emotion, even with the simplest of subject matter. If I had to choose one word to describe Phinney's journal it would be "Poignant." Her photographs need no words to accompany them...they speak volumes. Thank you Phinney! Don't ever put the camera down my dear one!

Wil...

Wil, you just amaze me everyday. LOL. Wil is definitely someone who keeps me on my toes. He has one of the better written journals in the land and he always displays an honestly which can't be beaten. I was surprised once to find out he enjoyed my writing so much, I think I even asked him why? He answered me in a way that had me laughing, and at the same time, taking some things a lot more seriously...such as my desire to be a writer. I have also appreciated his comments regarding my photography. I think I did a little better at it after some encouragement from him. I don't have one particular entry of Wil's to link to, how could I choose just one? Pay an visit to his journal, Daily Snoozee, and see for yourself. Thanks Wil! :)

A New Friend...

Just after the first of the year, I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood and pay a friendly, "hello" visit to my new neighbors. So, I clicked the little button in the upper right hand corner of my blog that reads, "Next Blog." The very next blog on the block was titled,Virtual Matter, and is authored by my new pal Jordy. His blog touches a little bit on political news, a little bit on the environment, he displays some very thought provoking images and shares some well thought out personal observations on many different topics. I think you will be as impressed with Jordy's blog as I am, please pay him a visit and see for yourself. He is one of those true, great, rare, finds that one is lucky to find not nearly often enough.

So there you have it...my first promo entry of the year. I want to do more of these, because I do see greatness all around me and I am inspired by so many here in the land. It makes me feel good to say thank-you for so many reasons, mostly for your friendship, your patience and for you being you. :) Now I am off to remember a fond memory, my fantasy dinner this past summer with David Duchovny...David I am right over here. :) Sigh.

-OndineMonet
"Dinner With David"
Berkeley, California
Summer, 2005
Early Evening

4 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Yes, I thought Patrick's entry was excellent. I wish I had more time to explore - maybe I'll check out a few of these tomorrow night.

Karen

Judith HeartSong said...

what a wonderful post... there is so much talent here:)

Patrick said...

Thanks for the plug, Carly. :)

I'm flattered to be included in such good company.

Patrick

Cindy said...

You're sweet, thank you.
I plan on making photography a big part of my life for good. =) love ya. Phinney