Monday, October 01, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 143~ Just Yesterday It Was September



"Outside the leaves on the trees constricted slightly; they were the deep done green of the beginning of autumn. It was a Sunday in September. There would only be four. The clouds were high and the swallows would be here for another month or so before they left for the south, before they returned again next summer."

~Ali Smith, The Whole Story and Other Stories

Where did it go? I know September is around here somewhere! Oh well, another September come and gone, way too fast. I wish time would have moved this fast when I was a kid. There were days back then that seemed like they were 100 hours long. 100 hour long days pretty much transitioned into year long months. LOL. Eventually I hit my 21st birthday, and it's all been a blink since. Even years that I thought would kill me, seem like it was done in a weird kind of slow motion warp drive.
Someday, I must have a talk with GOD about time. This girl has some questions. Oh well, on to October...

See the photo composite above, that is something new I am thinking about doing on the first day of each month. Like the one above, I will post a picture featuring my favorite photos from the previous month. It's just my way of looking back on what I was seeing. The moments that I found some sort of inspiration in. I hate looking into my archive from previous years, and not know the exact reason I was drawn to a particular scene. Recently, I found a wonderful, free, photo editing software on the net called Photoscape. For a free program, it has a lot of cool features, one of them being the ability to put different photos together in a set, with little effort. If you are looking for a new photo editing program, its definitely worth checking out.

Let me know what you think about the monthly look backs. If you would like to join me on the first of each month, I would love to see your photo sets, and hear about why you chose the photos you did.

October, and the early part of November, will be a busy time with the cameras. In that the trees have already begun to show their Autumn colors, I predict that there will be a lot to see and photograph in the next 40 days or so. I feel all kinds of happy inside, and I am excited to see what's waiting for me. :) And now, a preview. I took these photos just last night.

Signs of Things To Come...

I love the color purple in Autumn.

 

I see Autumn everywhere, or does Autumn see me? Do you see the EYE of Autumn?



~Me :)

Today's Link...

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/09/apadf6-140.html

2 comments:

jr cline said...

You certainly found some lovely fall color for the first day of October. The leaves aren't turning here yet. It won't be long though.
I like your new idea for the first of each month. Very pretty and cool.
I'm not sure time exists. More and more, I think we just made it up. I know. Call me crazy.
I'll definitely check out Photoscape. I'm using Photoshop and it is just too big and cumbersome for the little editing I usually do. Most the pictures you see are done on my phone and edited with Snapseed if I edit them. I use Photoshop for my DSLR pics.

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/apadf6-141.html

jr cline said...

You certainly found some lovely fall color for the first day of October. The leaves aren't turning here yet. It won't be long though.
I like your new idea for the first of each month. Very pretty and cool.
I'm not sure time exists. More and more, I think we just made it up. I know. Call me crazy.
I'll definitely check out Photoscape. I'm using Photoshop and it is just too big and cumbersome for the little editing I usually do. Most the pictures you see are done on my phone and edited with Snapseed if I edit them. I use Photoshop for my DSLR pics.

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/apadf6-141.html