Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 104~ Fun With Therapy



"He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts."

~Stephen King

After having had a pretty good run of energy, I woke up this morning to one of the strongest punch downs my Fibromyalgia has dealt me to date. I don't know why. I have had good strong blood glucose numbers the last week or so. I got a good bit of exercise last week in San Francisco, and my eating habits have been normal. I almost never know how hard this disease will hit me, or how long I will walk around in a fog. That's the hardest part. Sometimes it feels like I am a ghost. Like I have died without knowing it, and at times I have an overwhelming desire to simply mutter to myself... GET OUT!

"I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine... I'm here." Is there something wrong with that? Absolutely."

~Ned Vizzini, It's Kind Of A Funny Story

I wish I knew what decision I made that led to my having Fibromyalgia. If I could, I would go back and not cut someone off in traffic, or let someone go ahead of me in line at the store. I would put a few extra dollars in the cup of the homeless person I passed by. I would be nicer to the telemarketer who called during dinner, and tip that waitress at Red Robin 25% more. But that's just not how it works. If only.

Shrug.

This to shall pass.

It has to.

I have a date with my camera and Woody Allen on Thursday.

It may necessitate bringing my blanket and pillow, but hey, what's wrong with that?

I'm good.

~Me :)

"Think of your head as an unsafe neighborhood; don't go there alone."

~Agusten Burroughs


1 comment:

jr cline said...

The quote from Ned Vizzini gets me thinking. I keep going back to it over and over.
"Think of your head as an unsafe neighborhood; don't go there alone."
~Agusten Burroughs And this one is one I fully embrace. I often think my mind is my worst enemy. I just keep remembering I'm a soul with a mind and body, not a mind and body with a soul.
I do hope you are better now. (((hug)))

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/08/apadf6-104.html