Monday, February 12, 2024

In Search Of Leonardo DiCaprio

 
“The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues.”
~Terry Pratchett,


So what if I told you that last Tuesday, Leonardo DiCaprio came all the way to Stockton to film a movie? If I heard myself say those words out loud, I would have to say back to myself, umm... what? Leonardo DiCaprio? Why the HELL would he come to this GOD FORSAKEN place to film a movie? At first I thought it was a joke, because really, and I can't stress this enough, why would he be in a film that has anything to do with Stockton? But low and behold, it was no joke, he was actually in town filming a movie! In fact he was just a couple miles away!
 
 The movie will be based on the bestselling book,Vineland, by Thomas Pynchon, and aside from that, I don't know a lot about the project. In 2012, when we followed Woody Allen around San Francisco as he was filming Blue Jasmine, we managed to find out a partial cast list, Alec Baldwin and Cate Blanchett, and that on the days that they filmed, there were signs taped up along the blocks that read, W.A.S.P., which stood for, Woody Allen's Summer Project. I have always wondered it that was a joke, or a funny oversight? Either way, it gave us a bit of a giggle. Just from small clues, we were able to watch a couple days filming, and I got to photograph Woody Allen in action. I had the time of my life!
 
Anyway, this film crew has permits in Sacramento through at least the 20th of February. There were several Warner Brothers trucks lining the streets surrounding the courthouse here in Stockton and the capitol in Sacramento. I know Sean Penn will co-star in the film. I don't know if I am too late to get just a glimpse of Leo, but I am trying to do a little lite stalking of where they might be filming next! Social media and Google maps are excellent for that, but it isn't easy. You have to get as much information as you can, and in then check the maps for closed off streets. Wish me luck! As demonstrated by these photos, I am way less than 100 percent on my game. It's February. It's cold, I am old, we are in the middle of redecorating, and it hasn't just been cold, we had an atmospheric river come through! Did I tell you we picked out a nice shade of green for the hallway up stairs? I need more energy than this if Hollywood is going to be visiting Stockton!
 

 
 
 

No comments: