Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Four Seasons In One Day

Crowded House
Four Seasons In One Day
 
 
 “Seek out the things on the edge, the things in balance. There's a reason why we see beauty in the sunrise and the sunset, in the change of the seasons, and where the land meets the sea.” 

~Kevin A. Kuhn,
 
Desmond road was absolutely beautiful last Saturday. While I crave, and basically live in autumn, the beauty of witnessing four seasons in one day, especially when it was 70 degrees outside, was not lost on me, in fact, it produced a zen like calm I haven't felt in almost a year. That time it was a late winter day, and again I was out birding. I got to witness about 50 Tundra swans, swimming in the water near the roadside on Woodbridge road. You see, the atmospheric river last year had produced a pool of deep water, and the wonderful swans made it their home for a little while. But as soon as the water reseeded, the swans were on their way. But in that moment, all was right with the world. And on Desmond road the other day, you could see influences of all four seasons, with the presence of some beautiful ducks and geese. Give me every day like this. I know you thought I would say just give me autumn and I will be fine, but no, having that balance meant something to me. I have needed to balance my feelings about the car accident my niece was in, and the suicide of my nephew. It's time that heals, and time brought me to Desmond road last Saturday, and I am grateful. 
 
 
 




 

No comments: