Tuesday, December 05, 2023

One Post + Autumn Leaf Of The Day #75

 

Rebellious leaves
going out
in a blaze of glory,
setting trees aflame
in riotous color.
Reluctant surrender
to rumors
of coming winter.
 
~John Mark Green,
 
Yard Tree
December 4th 2023
 
This is only the second leaf I have posted from the tree in the front yard. Right now it is a stunning color of orange. I am truing to find out what it is, but it isn't easy to track down leaves. I think I will try posting a photo on X and see if someone can ID it. The closest I have gotten so far is a Sugar Maple, but I thought those were red. This one moves from green to variegated colors and then ultimately deep orange/red. I will update if I get an answer.
 
This is my only post for today, I am having trouble with my hip and sciatic nerve. The pain is going from my hip, all the way down to my foot. So stupid. But I figure it will get better with some rest, a heating pad and maybe a Salonpas patch. Hey, age is what it is. Its just that in my mind I am 28, by body is about 75. How is it I can hear a Madonna song, and instantly feel 30 years younger, but not have my physical body follow? I guess I should ask my beautiful autumn yard tree. Can you believe that these leave, came from that tree? It's just magic!

Yard Tree Leaf
November 16th 2023



No comments: