Friday, December 01, 2023

On The Last Day Of November

 
 
“I could feel the bite of the autumn air,
 warning us all of the harsh winter that was on its way.”
 
~Jennifer Starzec,
 
It was ridiculously cold at the Clifton Court Forebay yesterday, but that didn't stop this very pretty Ring-billed gull from swimming and splashing about in the water! He was half playing, half trying to beat the other gulls to the tasty school of morsels passing just under them. I watched him capture, and eat, more than one tiny fish, and I was very impressed with its ability to fly to great heights in the sky, only to fall in a deep dive, to fetch his dinner. Birds fascinate me. I didn't see any new birds yesterday, and my hands were aching from the cold, so I didn't stay long, but they were all lovely, and entertaining, and made the pain well worth the visit. I can't wait to see what other birds fly in, as December progresses. 
 
Here is bird #161 for the year.
 
Red-winged Bicolored Blackbird
 

 

No comments: