Saturday, December 02, 2023

November's Moon

 
AUTUMN AIR

The autumn air is clear,
The autumn moon is bright.
Fallen leaves gather and scatter,
The jackdaw perches and starts anew.
We think of each other- when will we meet?
This hour, this night, my feelings are hard.” 

~Li Bai 
 
I love photographing the moon and autumn leaves in the same shot, although sometimes it seems almost impossible, and therefore completely frustrating. Either the moon is out of focus or the leaves are, but that dynamic came be quite pleasing to the eye. I got lucky with this shot, while the moon is a bit fuzzy, it is bright and clear, so the detail comes through. I don't know, I kinda like it. It's the moon, in an a clear twilight November sky. Autumn was smiling down on me, and it made me smile back! I used to try to photograph all the full moons in a year, but sometimes the sky refuses to cooperate. The clouds of January and February were brutal, so it's really hard to plan for it, and it looks like the roughest part of the Atmospheric River will take place in those two months again. 2024 will promises to be as wet or wetter than this year was. That will make for quite a challenge. Maybe I should simply plan to do a photo as close to the full moon as I can, and not worry so much about whether stage it's in. Like with this shot, it's not quite full, but it still made for a beautiful photo.
 

 

No comments: