Friday, December 15, 2023

Autumn Light, Winter Light...

 
“Come, little leaves," said the Wind one day, "Come to the meadows with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; For Summer is past, and the days grow cold.” 

~George Cooper 
 
 

Light is really strange this time of year. A little bit of the waning gold of the Autumn sun, meets the clear white light of Winter in a fantastic hand off. Not only did the light at Yolo Bypass bring me happiness to see it play with the gold still left in the trees, but to my delight there was still some spider silk to be found just about everywhere I looked and the sun played with that too! The spiders from October and November, that flew in big strands across the sky, found a place to land, and has survived the cold and rain. The silk covered Yolo Bypass like spun sugar! And the best part is that under all those strands of silk, live some tiny spiders that will big spiders eventually, and my camera can't wait! Maybe I will meet another Boris one day!






No comments: