Wednesday, October 18, 2023

(Shake Shake Shake) Shake Your Booty

 

 “If you’re listening to this, congratulations! You survived Doomsday.
I’d like to apologize straightaway for any inconvenience the end of the world may have caused you. The earthquakes, rebellions, riots,tornadoes, floods, tsunamis, and of course the giant snake who swallowed the sun—I’m afraid most of that was our fault. Carter and I decided we should at least explain how it happened.” 


~ Rick Riordan, 
 
So this happened...

 “A small, 4.8 quake, it was unlikely many other people in my town felt it. But alone in the house, I had shaken alongside the breaking earth, 1920s carnival glass looking on.” 

 ~Tania Runyan
 

Okay, so this happened. While it was mild, it seemed to shake forever. It was centered in Isleton, which is on the delta between three small islands. It was 28 miles away from Stockton, and 10 miles deep. The San Francisco Chronicle says it was minute in duration. I didn't sleep well last night, so needless to say, I am rattled. I am in nervous laughing mode, which is why I went ahead and including that silly song from the 1970's disco era. I love that music anyway, so why not? I don't post enough videos. When I do, it's not usually music, and that's a shame. Maybe this turn of events will end up inspiring me to be more creative with Ellipsis. 
 


 

No comments: