Monday, October 30, 2023

Do You Believe In Magic, In Pumpkin's Heart?

 


 "It's Halloween, everyone is entitled to one good scare."

~Police Chief Leigh Brackett (Haddonfield)
(Charles Cyphers)
 
Halloween (1978)
 
Is it just me or is that pumpkin smiling at me? I love pumpkins like that one, they confirm what I've always said, and believe, and that is, pumpkins have souls. They are born to protect and to nourish and to bring magic to the autumn season! Think about it, what other season carries as much magic, love and happiness as autumn does? Beta carotene is so good for your health, and there is a real science to growing the perfect pumpkin. Autumn really does have it all! I look forward to the bluer than blue skies, the clean fresh chilly air, the beta carotene from yams, pumpkins and sweet potatoes, freshly pressed apple cider, apple cider donuts fresh from the deep frier and for me, the most important holiday of the year, Halloween! And what would the day be without my favorite horror movie, Halloween? Here are some of my favorite quotes...
 
  "I met him, 15 years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding in even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this... six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and... the blackest eyes - the Devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up, because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil."
 
~Dr. Sam Loomis (Donald Pleasence)
 

Laurie Strode: "It was the Boogeyman" (Jamie Lee Curtis)
Dr. Sam Loomis: "As a matter of fact, it was." (Donald Pleasence)
 

Do you believe in the Boogeyman?
Do you believe in magic?
Do pumpkins have souls?
 Are you ready for Halloween?
What is your favorite dish containing beta carotene? 
What's your favorite horror movie?
 


No comments: