Monday, October 30, 2023

Autumn Leaf Of The Day #39

 

“Samhain is the threshold to the Season of Death.
The fertile fields of summer give way to the
 bare forests of autumn.
 As crops slowly die and winter takes over,
 the cycle of life is once again approaching
a renewal.” 

~Dacha Avelin 
 
Tomorrow is Halloween, and all at once I am mourning a day that hasn't even got here. A year from today I will be doing the same thing. I will be another year older, and closer to the grave, so will I suddenly be uninterested in searching for autumn leaves, or celebrating Halloween? A year can change so much. I guess I am thinking about all this because of the loss of my niece and nephew earlier this year. I am thinking about Halloweens past. Costumes and bags of candy. The California raisin costume I made for my niece. Oh my... . Autumn is helping me to let go, it's just not coming as quickly as I wish it would.
 

No comments: