Saturday, October 21, 2023

#1 The Stand, By Stephen King (1994)

 
 
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends

    Not with a bang, but a whimper.

~T. S. Eliot
The Hollow Men

There are 10 days left until Halloween 2023, my favorite holiday, so hopefully every day until then I will be able to post something fun, in addition to my usual musings and Autumn leaves. First up, one of my absolute favorite horror stories of all time, Stephen King's, The Stand. If you have never seen this movie, or even this version of the movie, be sure to watch it. It's a long endeavor, around 5 hours total. It had to be 5 hours long, the book was about 800 pages or so. There was a recent remake that, in my opinion, didn't quite do it. But that's just me. It's Stephen King, therefore there is a lesson for everyone, and for all time.
 
Pop some corn, sit back, and enjoy the film. 

Be sure to visit tomorrow to see what scares I have planned next!



No comments: