Saturday, October 28, 2023

Autumn Leaf Of The Day #37

 

Autumn
The autumn comes, a maiden fair
In slenderness and grace,
With nodding rice-stems in her hair
And lilies in her face.
In flowers of grasses she is clad;
And as she moves along,
Birds greet her with their cooing glad
Like bracelets' tinkling song.” 

~Kālidāsa 
 
Green is a color of autumn too. Although I have to admit, I really love the purples. They are the best of all worlds. A little spring, and a little autumn. The darker shades of purple remind me of fresh plums. Deep burgundy/red inside, deep purple outside. I have a favorite sweater of the same colors. I think of plum pudding and sugarplum danish. Fruits of the Forest and Mincemeat pies. Jeepers Creepers, now I am hungry! Lets face it, I love all autumn leaves, even the brown and orange. I search for purple this time of year, but that doesn't mean I don't see the beauty in the rest of the falling leaves.

Do you have a favorite color, or type of leaf?
 

No comments: