Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Okay, Here Goes... Part 2: Unbearably Stupid And Incredibly Dangerous

 

"There doesn't have to be a process, as I understand it... if you're the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, 'It's declassified." Even thinking about it, because you're sending it to Mar-a-Lago or to wherever you're sending it. And there doesn't have to be. You're the president, you make that decision. So when you send it, it's declassified. We--- I declassified everything."
 
 

 
~Donald John Trump 
September, 2022
 
 
 
On June 13th, Donald John Trump was finally arrested for taking classified documents from the White House, when he left office and storing them at two his various homes. For what reason? Hell if I know! I don't know. Maybe to brag? Maybe to impress women? Maybe to sell to a hostile foreign nation for money? Any of those things could be true! He has never had a consistent explanation since this story erupted in the press last year. But what I do know is that he was asked, nicely, and given a lot more leeway than other folks in the same position have been given, to return them to the National Archives. He chose not to, despite telling the powers that be, including his lawyer, that he had returned everything. Big surprise, he lied. Let me repeat... HE LIED! So now he is under arrest again, under among other statutes,the Espionage act, because he just can't bring himself to NOT BE STUPID! Since his arrest, he has continually changed his story in the press, which is fine, because it's not going to help his case, at all, and frankly I don't wish him any good luck at all! He is incredibly dangerous, and he needs to go to prison. It seems like there is some kind of light at the end of the tunnel, but the true glee I thought I would feel, is instead, just plan relief. 

Its going to be a long hot summer.
 

 I just wish Treat could be here to watch it all play out. He genuinely cared about this country and I think he wanted to see the Trump years out, wherever it took us. Carl Reiner did too, and I still miss his wisdom daily. I will think of those two men as go along, and of course, as each verdict is read. Carl, Treat, you are in my heart, today and every day.
 
 

No comments: