Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Haunting Desmond Road

 

"It was that time of dusk when there is a—deepening of the interior shadows. It is a melancholy time: all you need do is switch on one lamp and the inside and the outside will separate, held apart by the reflections in the glass, and evening will begin.” 
 
~Rudolph Delson
Maynard And Jennica

It was getting dark, so it could have been most any bird that haunts Desmond road, but I really believe it was the Red-winged Blackbird, that was sitting on that fences post being silhouetted against that dimming light of day. Photogenic, and singing so beautifully. I have come to love those birds, who are always the highest in numbers of the perching birds. Spring fills the air with the sounds of the last migrating birds, and then becomes deafeningly silent for those depressing summer months with nothing to do, but dread another day taking place. I think I have mentioned this before... I hate the spring and summer with a great passion! The upside, however, is that we are a season away from autumn! I don't count the season I am in when counting. That sounds a lot better than it's 4 months away. 4 is more than 1. Anyway, here are some other photos I have done along Woodbridge and Desmond roads and on a recent trip to Knights Ferry.
 
Woodbridge Road
Desmond Road
Knight's Ferry


It's really lovely out here, but I wish it was already autumn.



No comments: