Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Please Note! And Autumn Leaf Of The Day #48

 

"Ease your whiskers, rest your paws,
Pies and puddings fill the stores
Sweetly dreams the night away
Till sunshine brings another day."
 
~Jill Barklem
Autumn Story 
 
 
On a cool, crisp, mid-autumn day, at the yolo Wilderness area, I was happy to see a young otter, living his best life! While absolutely adorable, he was, however, also a wee bit oblivious, because there was a really annoyed Blue Heron just feet away, making a huge, "HEY NEIGHBOR ... WHATCHA DOIN FISHIN IN MY CHANNEL"? But, as you can see, the otter didn't mind the fuss, he went about eating his crayfish, and then he was on his way, completely unaware of his neighbors irritation. I have seen a few otters on Desmond road as well Yolo, and as a matter of fact I have seen more otters this year, then in any time in my life! 2 along Desmond rd. and 2 in Yolo. I adore them, but I can't help but wonder if, again, if Global warming has any part in seeing more rabbits, otters and other assorted creatures I never saw before.
 
 




~Me

 

NOTE: Today is the midterm election. It is especially stressful this year. The economy, Covid, stresses, such as whether Trump will ever see any kind of justice, Elon Musk and his nefarious actions, is that enough examples. If it's as bad an evening as it could very well be, I may only post leaves for a few days. Win, lose or draw I am planning a photo trip later this week. Maybe Yosemite. Maybe Monterey. We will see. Let's get through the midterms first.

 

VOTE!

No comments: