Thursday, September 01, 2022

105 To 87

 

"The month of August had turned into a griddle
 where the days just lay there and sizzled."
 
~Sue Monk Kidd
 The Secret Life Of Bees 
 
August sizzled, with many days hovering around 100 degrees, and now September is beginning around the same. I hate the summer, and never bought into the "fun in the sun" nonsense. Do I like the beach? Absolutely! I LOVE the beach, but I love the beach in May and October, otherwise it can be beautiful for other reasons, like winter sunsets and photographing incoming storms. Photographing lightning coming off the Pacific ocean can be beautiful and challenging. I tried it many times when I lived in the Bay Area, but as I was discussing in my last post, the delta is drying up, so those opportunities are not presenting themselves as before. Is there any good news on the horizon? Yes! As with most Septembers, autumn will be shoving summer out on it's treacherous ass (see my favorite quote by Stephen King) soon! The projected forecast for 10 days from now is a high of 87 degrees! Hope is on the way! I love autumn!


~Me
September 1st 2022
 
 

No comments: