Thursday, August 26, 2021

Butterflies, Leaves, Music, Cats, Books, Movies

 
"Another secret of the universe: Sometimes pain was like a storm that came out of nowhere. The clearest summer could end in a downpour. Could end in lightning and thunder."
 
~Benjamin Alire Saenz
Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe
 
No, I didn't forget to blog yesterday, I just, frankly, I just didn't care too. We heard from the HOA about heaven on Empress. It wasn't good. Our messed up credit meant, at least to them, that we were basically riff-raff. It seems your life needs to be perfect, in order to put a roof over one's head. I have a rating of 671 - 691. Alan's is a bit lower. Riff-raff I tells ya!!! It didn't matter that our credit was good enough to purchase a home 6 years ago. It didn't matter that I haven't missed a rent or mortgage payment in 31 years. It didn't matter that I haven't missed a single payment of anything in four years. It just didn't matter at all. All that mattered was that we fell off a financial cliff four years ago. Unless something changes soon, when all is said and done, and all goes well with the new buyers, we will clear about $175,000 and be homeless. How fucking ridiculous is that? That was rhetorical, of course, but at the same time, my GOD, I am scared. But, Rosalie reminds us, that was one HOA. All hope is not lost. In fact we are going to see more places in the next few days. Again, I just need to remember what Mark said, "it wasn't meant to be our home"... paraphrased.
 
And until then...
 Butterflies, leaves, music, cats, books, movies and more. 
 

 
~Me
Stockton, California
August 26th 2021

No comments: