Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Just Past Mid-Winter

 

"This was all in the making a long time ago. You had as much control over these events as a leaf does in the time of it's falling."
 
~Nitya Prakash
 
How about that, a quote about leaves that I don't think I've used before. I hope I remember it, because I really think I will use it again in autumn. Right now, however, it is still winter, which is very nice, but I haven't given up on autumn yet. I find myself still looking for those colors, where I feel alive, energized, and at my very best inside myself. This winter has been warm, so the blossoms are waking up, and I can appreciate that too. Everything in it's time and place. It's just the further away from autumn we get, and as we move into the relentless days of heat that won't end, and when there isn't a migratory bird in sight, the less attached to my surroundings I feel. But I am just beginning my journey of watching birds, so perhaps something new will help me find a bridge. I sure could use it.
 
~Carly

No comments: