Sunday, September 06, 2020

Left To The Imagination

"Color is descriptive. Black and white is interpretive."

~Eliot Erwitt 



My friend, Karen, has posted some stunning photographs over the past year, some in color, some in black and white. I have truly fallen in love with her work. Often she posts both versions of her photographs, side by side, for comparison, which has lead to my rethinking my approach to photography. I think I have overlooked the impact black and white can make. When I think of my color photographs, it seems I always go away thinking of the pop color it tends to make. The WOW factor. Sometimes it can be a pretty loud sound of color, but it can be soft too, but what it rarely is, is mysterious! The imagination really has no where to go. Black and White definitely leaves more to the imagination to interpret. I like that. I haven't been doing much photography this year, because of Covid-19, so I'm a bit rusty when it comes to any photography, so it's very nice to have a new mission of doing some photos in a different style. I am thankful to Karen for giving me a new outlook. I need a fresh approach, and this change might make all my autumn photos have a new edge. Its something creative to look forward to, just when I needed it most!

Stop by and see her wonderful photos of Tucson, and the beautiful landscape that surrounds it. 

http://twitter.com/mavarin

Carly
September 6th 2020
Stockton, California

No comments: