Friday, September 18, 2020

20 Minute Parking

"There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying."

~Sarah Dessen, 
Just Listen

I have been enjoying my curbside photography this year. I kind of started doing this kind of thing several years ago, in San Francisco.  These medallions are all over the streets marking the Barbary coast trail. The particular one below was photographed right in front of the Mariners Museum, in North Beach, but I have seen some in Union Square as well. Sometime, maybe this year, I will look up all the locations in the city and seek them out. One great thing about San Francisco, you can go there to photograph one thing, but leave with so much more than thought possible. If you go to San Francisco, and can't find something to photograph, you just aren't paying attention. Well, I suppose that's true of most major cities too, because I found the "20 Minute Parking" inspiration right here in Stockton. I am always in search of new subjects but revisiting old ones can be fun too, which with so much up in the air regarding Covid-19, my photography will have to evolve with this strange new world we find ourselves in. All I can say is, Save Me San Francisco. Lordy I love that song!


~Carly
September 18th, 2020
Stockton, California

No comments: