Wednesday, January 15, 2020

If There Is Autumn To Be Found I'll Find It

"When people look at my pictures I want them to feel the way they do when they want to read a line of a poem twice."

~Robert Frank

I know that autumn isn't everyone's favorite season, so I do feel the need to apologize from time to time about just how heavily dependent on that season I have become. Shrug. What can I say, I still need it, long after it goes away, so I will pretty much be looking for earth tone colors in the natural world, long into any given new year! Sometimes I think I have become an autumn detective, lol, but really, it is just that it has become a game of distraction to ease my brain and body. A game with beautiful benefits mind you, but a game all the same. So is there any harm? Am I really missing out by not paying much attention to other palates? Is it harming my photography over all? Well, I am forcing myself to consider those questions, because I know I have gone through a lot of creative changes since moving in 2015. As this year moves along, I may give myself small assignments of seeking out spring colors and see how that works with my choices in non organic subjects. Hopefully I will learn, and grown in my photography. That's the goal for this year. To see an improvement in instinct and goal!

For now... a new autumn gallery.


I was down in Hayward yesterday on business, and to my surprise I actually saw a tree with some early pink blossoms. It was lovely. I am going to do as much practice with as many blossom colors as I can. I would love to find some Quince, that has always been one of my favorite blossoms to practice on. I am enthusiastic about 2020, at least as far as my photography goes. Everything else... politics... is still scary as fuck! It's all just time travel I suppose. It is what it is!




Mood: Happy
Me   :)

No comments: