Friday, December 20, 2019

The Santa Fe Train Of Old Sacramento

"Gone are the summer days and my mind with them. No longer will I indulge in hopes of getting you back. It is hope that makes these chains heavier and autumnal night longer. I will merely serve as a memory to you the lover that recited love poems. I must go now and I urge you to not look back."

~Kamand Kojouri

I love the sound of a train in the middle of the night. It's got such a lonely sound, and yet inside my heart it feels okay because I know it is busy at work, always going here or there on business and bringing people and things to planned stops safely. I think little by little, as I was growning up, I began to think of trains as friends. It was a sound I could hear when I was in bed that always made me feel safe, at 3:15 am every morning without fail. Now, wouldn't it be nice to have a train that could take you to your favorite memory, or season, any time you felt like booking passage? There must be an autumn town somewhere other than Heaven. Right? And I bet the train that could take me there would look a lot like the beautiful old Santa Fe train of Old Sacramento!


 For The Last Full Day Of Autumn...

#89 Leaf Of The Day
December 20th 2019
Stockton, California
Nikon

Autumn ends Saturday night so there will be one more leaf to see, so comeback tomorrow to see the very last Leaf Of The Day for Autumn 2019!

~Mood: Quiet
~Me 

No comments: