Thursday, December 05, 2019

Black And White In Autumn

Autumn moon
Incantations in the dark river
Winter's ghost walks with covered face
And silver bones wait in all animals
To be bone cloth upon her shoulder
Wait for her happiness in that they are silvers

~Tamara Rendell
  Mystical Tides

I have been looking through my archives, as I usually do at the end of each year, looking for photos I may have passed on posting, or taking ones I did use with a specific thought in mind, and perhaps giving them new life by converting them to black and white or by adding a filter, to bring out a different emotion then when they were previously used or posted. It can be a lot of fun to remember the day I was out with the camera, and do a deeper emotional dive at how I feel about the same day, months later. It's funny how your memory can move a day around, either positively or negatively, once the pressure of actually being in that day is removed. As autumn turns to winter, thoughts change too. I like the leap into darkness, I always have, even though it spells the end of the outrageous color of autumn. The black and white of winter gives my eyes a chance to relax, and return to the almost exquisite pain of waiting for autumn to come back. It's good to have something to long for, something you know is waiting just out of fingertips reach. It encourages to heart to keep beating. There is a purpose to wait for. It's the best way I know to not fall for lies of loneliness.


 Leaf Of The Day


#74 Leaf of The Day
December 5th 2019
Berkeley, California
Nikon





~Mood: Happy
~Me   :)

 

No comments: