Friday, December 06, 2019

Autumn Reflections In Golden Gate Park

"Looking up, I observed one solitary leaf that remained
 on a spindly branch of an old oak tree. And as winter's frigid winds
 blew against it twisting it this way and that,
 I thought that it was either committed to holding on as long as it could or it was afraid to let go."

~Craig D. Lounsbrough

 It was a beautiful day at the duck pond, in Golden Gate Park, on October 23rd, and the leaves were falling almost constantly. They reminded me of a sky full of stars, but they also reminded me of soggy cereal. Mostly they were just so damn beautiful they made me smile! I really miss Golden Gate Park, we spent a lot of time there when we were in the Bay Area, and I don't think I realized how much it had really meant to me. I don't get to see it as often as I would like to, which makes it all the more special when I do visit I suppose. Lesson learned... never take the places you love for granted, life is very uncertain. I took these photos on Family Day, which means I got to make another wonderful memory, in a place I love, with the guy I love, and that's the best of all worlds.


#76 Leaf Of The Day
December 6th 2019
Grass Valley, California
Nikon






~Mood: Happy
~Me   :)

No comments: