Saturday, November 09, 2019

Playing In Autumn Leaves

When I look at a pumpkin muffin, I see the brilliant orange glow of a sugar maple in it's full autumnal glory. I see the crisp blue sky of October, so clear and restorative and reassuring. I see hayrides and I feel Halloween just around the corner, kids dressed up in homemade costumes, bobbing for apples and awaiting trick or treat. I think of children dressed as Pilgrims in a pre-school parade, or a Thanksgiving feast, the bounty of harvest foods burdening a table with its goodness. I picture pumpkins at a farmer's market, piled happy and high, awaiting a new home where children will carve them into scary faces or mother will bake them into a pie or stew."

~Jenny Gardiner
Slim To None

Just Leaves. I just want to play in a million leaves.



#48 Leaf Of The Day
November 9th 2019
Photographed October 25th 2019
Cull Canyon Park
Nikon



~Mood: Happy
~Me :)

No comments: