Thursday, October 17, 2019

#PhotoByRequest "Small Spaces"


"Such days of autumnal decline hold a strange mystery which adds to the gravity of all our moods."

~Charles Nodler
Smarra and Trilby

I love this week's challenge. "Small Spaces" gave me a chance to learn about this pretty bench, which come to find out is not just a bench, but also a lovely work of public art. It sits at the corner of Ben Holt and Pershing, here in Stockton, and has caught my eye since day one of living here. It has butterflies on it, so of course it would catch my eye! Stockton has lots of public art, but it can sometimes be difficult to track down information about individual pieces. This one has taken me four years. I think I am going to be friends with this one for a long time. I must do a more in-depth photo shoot soon! 



My second photo pays tribute to another sign of Autumn in the Central Valley, the closures of the small summer fruit and vegetable stands. This cute stand is in the town of Davis, just north of the University of Davis. I haven't purchased from it before, but you can bet I will be giving it a try next summer! It's something to look forward to, that will lead me back to my beautiful autumn yet again.

 #25 Leaf Of The Day
October 17th 2019
Ione, California
Nikon




~Mood: Happy
~Me   :)

No comments: