Monday, August 26, 2019

Monday, Monday... Can't Trust That Day

"Sometimes souls don't need words to communicate. They  speak with each other through signs, symbols, deep feelings and poetry!"

 ~Avijeet Das

And old fashioned forms of communication from the 1980's.

Cool isn't it? Alan and I went on a ride to San Francisco last Saturday, and we spotted this pair of gems at the Vista Point, on the Marin County side, of the Golden Gate. It really made me laugh because, frankly, I hadn't seen a phone like this in ages! Isn't it something? I'll be looking for more of them when vacation starts in October. I have been missing the 70's and 80's very much, especially the last few years, so spotting these made for a nice surprise. I had no idea they were still a thing!  When I saw them, there was something so wonderfully nostalgic in that moment, that I kinda felt for a minute like I was back home. You know? Back when life didn't move so damn fast, and things stayed the same, until you were ready to say, "okay... I'm ready, lets go." Believe it or not, there was such a day. I remember it. Don't laugh. I do. I think it was a Monday. There problem is, that by the time that last Monday that made sense occurred, it was followed by the next Monday that changed everything. Like the song says, Monday, Monday... can't trust that day." I wonder if 1980 would have been on the other end, if I had answered it?







 

No comments: