Sunday, December 23, 2018

The Full Cold Moon

Full Cold Moon ( w/mist)
December 22nd 2018
Stockton, California
Nikon

"The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It's always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it's a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human."

~Tahereh Mafi
Shatter Me 

This is an unusual full moon. It was very nearly a solstice moon, missing the beginning of this year's winter solstice by a little over 24 hours, and Christmas by just two days! That's kinda magical! I love the night sky. Eclipses, comets, which by the way, I am still chasing, stars, meteors, you name it, I will be found, if the night is clear, searching for it in the night sky! I hope to get a telescope one day, that I can attach the camera to. I'd just love to photograph Saturn, just once!

 Full Cold Moon 
( Clear Edit )
December 22nd 2018
Stockton, California
Nikon 

 

No comments: