Saturday, December 29, 2018

Bad Photographs Of Great Art

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

~George Bernard Shaw 

I take a lot of photos. And because I take a lot of photos, I take a lot of bad photos. Sometimes I take a lot of bad photos of really great art! I absolutely love Public Art, and have been featuring in on this blog, since roughly 2005, in my series, Art About Town. Sacramento has a lot of Public Art. A LOT. Most of it leans toward the political, but there is some whimsy along the way as well, and there isn't a single piece of it that I don't love! My point is, that while searching for one particular sculpture, or another, I spot opportunities to come back and do more searching. On one of my leaf peeping jaunts last October, I spotted these sculptures, and took some bad, place holder photos, so I could come back on a different day, perhaps in winter, and photograph them properly. Hopefully before the clock strikes midnight on December 31st, I will be able to do just that. Yikes, that is only a couple days away... shrug... I better hurry!




I'll be right back!

~Mood: Happy
~Me  :)

No comments: