Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Ghosts And Twilight

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too.
 They live and sometimes, they win."

~Stephen King



 On our way up the coast from Half Moon Bay last week, Alan and I decided to stop, briefly, at Land's End, and take in the beautiful sunset over the Pacific Ocean. The park is awesome! You can see the Golden Gate Bridge, the USS San Francisco Memorial, and even the remains of the Sutro Baths, which is just a short walk down a trail, that sits along the cliffs. But last Thursday, we didn't stop to do more than take a few photographs, and then it was onto Marin for dinner! The sunset going on over the horizon, was producing such vibrant autumn color, that it took my breath away! It was absolutely stunning, but something besides that gorgeous sunset caught my eye!

 I noticed that if you looked directly down the cliffs, the rocks below looked almost black and white! And there was the spooky  remains of a small tree. It was a skeleton, really. No leaves, no sign that life had ever existed on it, but there was something about how it's branches were shaped, that was pleasing to my eye! Cold and dark, yet seductive to my photographers eye, so I took a few shots of it on our way out of the park! I didn't notice anything else about the photo, until a couple hours ago, when I began editing other photos from the same file. It seems that in the lower left hand side of the picture are several shapes, that seem to be three people, walking together along the cliff!

There was no one there, when I took the photo, only some shore birds roosting on Seal Rock, which is a impressive rock formation that sits just off shore. It can be seen from the parking lot on Point Lobos avenue, but is a good distance from the shoreline. The shapes captured in the photo, seem to be walking along the cliff directly in front of me, but no one was there! I saw no one! And even stranger, if you look closely, not only does it seem to be three people walking together, it also seems that they are transparent! Is it a bit of mist, that I happened to capture at just the right moment? Perhaps! Could it be three ghosts out for a walk in the twilight? Less likely, but who knows? Perhaps it is! I guess I'll never know for sure, and I kinda love that! I get to write my own ending!



So, are they ghosts? Or Wispy splashes of water on the cliffs?

You decide! 

 #40 Leaf Of The Day
October 30th, 2018
Photographed October 24th 2018
Ione, California




~Mood: Quiet
~Me

No comments: