Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Tree Art Safari


 "Everything you can imagine is real."

~Pablo Picasso


I miss Berkeley! It's one of my favorite places in the Bay Area to go, especially when I am weary. It has amazing food, in the Gourmet Getto on Shattuck avenue. The people are wonderful. It's absolutely lovely at any time of year, and of course the energy around town is terrific! It's a university town, so there are collage students everywhere, and a lot of diversity! You can sit at a coffee shop and hear 10 different languages all speaking at the same time! It was and is music to my ears!

But when I am visiting, and I just need a little less head noise, my go to place is Tilden Park! It has breathtaking views of the bay, and on a clear day you can see Oakland, San Francisco, Marin County, and the San Mateo County peninsula. The park itself is quite lovely and full of things to do, like the Botanical Garden, Lake Anza, Little Farm, a golf course, a Stream Train and an amazing carousel, with a long history! During this time of year, it is decorated for the holidays at Halloween and Christmas, with big inflatable characters, and every kind of holiday icons you can imagine. It has a very special place in my heart!

Now, if you have been following my photography, or my blog, for any length of time, you know I love public art, and Berkeley, has an abundant amount around town, both commissioned, and spontaneous! I have photographed a lot of the art downtown, but I decided on this vacation, to photograph a couple pieces of the creative tree art, that line the road up the hill to Tilden Park.

The tree alligator at the top of the post, has been on Claremont avenue, for a few years. And even when I have been at my most weary it has made me smile! But this year, to my happy surprise, a little further up the road was a tree Octopus! Claremont avenue is becoming quite the outdoor museum, and I wonder what tree animal will come along next? Whatever it might be, I know it will be inspiring, and a joyous piece of real art!


#14 Leaf Of The Day
November 14th, 2017
Truckee, California



Mood: Happy
~Me :)

No comments: