Sunday, November 12, 2017

My Knight's Ferry Album

"Country life has it's advantages,,' he used to say."You sit on the veranda drinking tea and your ducklings swim on the pond, and everything smells good... and there are gooseberries."

~Anton Chekhov
 Gooseberries 

I'm, straight-up a city girl! Moving out to the Central Valley has been one of the biggest challenges of my life, and if you are near my age of 55, you will understand what sudden change can do to you! It's just a simple fact that life can be, well, challenging. Now, factor in the whole moving drama back in 2015, the national election of 2016. The Trump drama of this year, and you get full on anxiety depression. I'm not kidding about that, my diagnoses of depression with acute anxiety returned this year, after a 17 year remission.
                                Bummer!                                     

But I am fighting it, and getting out with my camera has been really therapeutic. Also, I am watching less cable news, and listening to more music! I had stopped all music in my life, as I descended into the depression, and one day I realized, I was losing the battle, and depression was winning! I got scared. I called my doctor who talked me through the anxiety, and reassured me that she had many patients who had expressed distress about having a president that is scaring, embarrassing, or just lying to us on a daily basis!

I wasn't the failure that I thought I was... I was normal... apparently.

So, I took her advice, and picked my camera up again, and got out of the house to see what the world around me was really like! Our vacation was coming up and Alan was just as tired as I was, so we went on this year's adventure! We had a pretty mixed bag of adventures, I will explain that in upcoming posts. Actor, Rob Lowe, played a surprisingly LARGE part of our vacation! In fact, in a weird way, he kinda saved my life! I honestly didn't see that coming, and I don't really have a way to say thank you, but it's okay, shrug! It's funny how other people can touch a stranger's life for the better, and not even realize the true impact! Also Dean Koontz made an odd appearance in the hilarity! No, not in person, of course, but in a more ethereal way.

Anyway, one of our day trips was to Knight's Ferry, California. I think I shared about that in an earlier post, so now I want to share my album of the tiny Central Valley town, because it was stunning in autumn, and in fact might be an annual visit from now on, we'll see! Time has a way of healing through artistic endeavors, and I found out a long ago, you see things you might not catch without looking through a camera lens. Anyway, here is my album from Knight's Ferry, California! I hope you enjoy seeing what I saw!


Knight's Ferry Album
October 25th, 2017




Knight's Ferry is a lovely place, but then more of the little country towns out here in the Central Valley are, and every day I get a little more comfortable and appreciate that Stockton is my home and the little towns in the middle of the valley, are close friends!


 #12 Leaf Of The Day
October 22nd
Dublin, California

Thank You, Rob Lowe!


Mood: Grateful!
~Me :)

No comments: