Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Tree Within The Tree

"When your heart jumps
 every time your camera locks focus...
 you've become a photographer!"

~Mark Denman

The other day, while Alan and I were bouncing from fruit stand to fruit stand, throughout the Central Valley, we happened by one stand that was selling firewood, and I spotted this piece of wood. It was really dry, and covered with spider webs, dust and dry bark, but the pattern on the inside made me smile. I see in that pattern, an almost snapshot of a once beautiful tree, with many beautiful branches, standing tall an proud, maybe even covered with beautiful autumn leaves. I bet in it's day it filled the heart of those who viewed it, or relied on it for income, as so many do in the valley!

Walnuts, apricots, apples... we got almost everything out here. And now, it will be sold to provide warmth for someone! It's a wonderful end to it's life I think. I know seeing it inspired me and I really enjoyed the chance to see the tree within the tree! It was kinda like seeing it's soul! When I have my camera in my hand, I always try to see beyond the obvious, or the seemingly trivial, and it's brought me some amazing epiphanies and observations, and I have my camera to thank for that!

#18 Leaf Of The Day
October 18th 2017
Stockton, California


Mood: Happy

~Me :)
 

No comments: