Sunday, October 01, 2017

The Last Sunset Of September...

"Ah, September! 
You are the doorway to the season that
 awakens my soul... 
but I must confess that I love you only because
 you are a prelude to my beloved October."

 ~Peggy Toney Horton 

Yesterday was the last day of September, and it left this year on a high note! There was a cool breeze and a sunset that reminded me of both summer, and autumn. Warm air, cool breeze and gorgeous colors found in autumn leaves! While I am not usually a big fan of palm trees, I have kinda made friends with this one. It's very near the corner of the street I live on, and when the sunset is just right, it's a stunning companion! It was a pretty way to end September!

 "After the keen still days of September, the October sun filled the world with mellow warmth... the maple tree in front of the doorstep burned like a gigantic red torch. The oaks along the roadway glowed yellow and bronze. The fields stretched like a carpet of jewels, emerald and topaz and garnet. Everywhere she walked the color shouted and sang around her... In October and wonderful unexpected thing might be possible."

~Elizabeth George Speare
The Witch of Blackbird Pond

 Today's Leaf Of The Day reflects a little of the red in last night's sunset. It was so beautiful... brown and brittle, with just enough of the red and purple from the sky to link the two seasons in all the best ways... 
Leaf Of The Day
October 1st, 2017
Stockton, California


Mood: Happy

~Me :)
 

No comments: