Friday, October 06, 2017

On Gilded Vanes And Roofs Of Villages

"It is the Harvest Moon! On gilded vanes and roofs of villages, on woodland crests and their aerial neighborhoods of nests deserted, on the curtained window-panes of rooms where children sleep, on country lanes and harvest fields, it's mystic splendor rests."

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I was hoping the full moon for October, would happen later in the month. Better yet, on Halloween! But no, it was on the 5th this year, and it's didn't disappoint! The good part about it coming early in the month was that it was warm enough outside to photograph without having the bundle up in a heavy sweater. In fact, the night could not have been more perfect! It was so clear that I caught a bird in my shot, and while I have no way of knowing what kind of bird it was, I would kinda like to think it was a bat! Yes... it was a bat! Right?  :)

Here is one more shot of the full Harvest Moon...
The Harvest Moon is different than other full moons of the year, and Farmer's Almanac has a pretty interesting article about it. I am hoping to be able to do each full moon over the next year, as we don't get quite as much fog in Stockton as we did up in the Berkeley Hills. We will have to see, but I will give it my best try! Someday I hope to get a really good, high powered telescope and photograph other celestial bodies. Shrug. If only I would have had a camera like this one when Comet Hale-Bopp went by in the 1990's. Hopefully there will be another comet in my lifetime, but Hale-Bopp was so fascinating that I imagine nothing could compare!

#6 Leaf Of The Day
October 6th, 2017
Stockton, California



Mood: Happy

~Me :)  

No comments: