Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Coming To A Tree Near You

"Beware of missing chances; 
otherwise it might be altogether too late one day."

~Franz Liszt

Here it is... the first pre-autumn leaf of the 2017 season, and it's from my own yard! We don't have a tree in our yard, the lovely one we planted, just after moving in sadly died. I will be replacing it next spring, but we do get plenty of leaves from our neighbors. Not so much as to be a nuisance, but enough to make me smile. I kind of like the brittle ones. They are fully ages and they had fully matured and transformed from dark green, to lemon yellow, and then finally that lovely brown shade. It's a life lived. Each unique. Each never given up despite it's ultimate outcome. I know, leaves do have much choice on what they give up on, but somehow, they still give me hope, because, after all, I an in the autumn of life now and it's kind of beautiful, in spite of the dark days and approaching cold. 

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: